Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Sister (BS) Makes me Laugh

Earlier this year, Patsy called me all excited and enthralled about a plant she had purchased And it only cost her $10.00 plus shipping!!! Plus it is the Plant of the Year (2011)!!!

Even though she'd forgotton (at the time) the botanical name as she so enthusiastically described the plant, I KNEW exactly what she was talking about - . .. The plant is Amsonia commonly called Blue Star Grass.

This bushy plant produces these gorgeous blooms in the early spring and the foliage turns a beautiful gold color in the fall. The fall color is just as gorgeous as when it's in bloom. Frost kills it back to the ground, but it is one of the first to show its head in the spring! Another 'no care' plant that will only get bushier and more beautiful as it matures.

It's easy to  understand why its common name is Blue Star Grass. 

Quite reluctantly, I let her know that each year I removed some of the pups around my plant and tossed them into the woods . . .oh, if I had only known . .I would have sent her 50 Amsonia for $10  . . .I LOVE it when she makes me laugh!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to oblige.