Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Monday, May 23, 2011

It Feels Good to Love and be Loved!

On  April 16, my three sisters, one niece, and a very good friend had a day trip to Callaway Gardens in Pine Mountain, GA. Not only was the company perfect, the weather cooperated as well! The sky was clear, comfortable temperatures, a slight breeze shuffling the leaves and our white hair, and very low humidity.



The time spent together is absolutely priceless. One reason it is priceless is that soon Patsy will be moving to North Carolina and we may not be able to get this group together for a long, long time ...but NO ONE can steal the memories of us being together on April 16.

Knowing that I have a very strong aversion to both Jimmy Carter and Pink Flamingoes . .I was 'presented' with these 'gifts' when we entered the park . . .Gotta love 'em (the sisters that is, not necessarily the gifts)!!!

A video of Jimmy Carter preaching was sent by one of my favorite brothers-in-law, John, Helen's hubby.  Since the day John learned that I have an aversion to pink flamingoes and Carter, I can always count on him for a 'gift'! Helen gave me the stuffed flamingo . . .I almost want to snuggle with it . .hahahahah. Then Patsy presented me the 'sippy' cup - which, by the way, came in quite handy the following week. Patsy's getting about as 'good' as giving me flamingo gifts as John . .. heaven help us all!


On to more serious stuff! The azaleas were not blooming as we had anticipated, but the rhododendrums were beautiful  as well as other woodsy plants. This made up for the disappointment about the azaleas. After strolling through the park for a few hours, we went to the Butterfly House then the gift shop. Everything was perfect there as well. The exotic plants were fantastically groomed and the staff was cordial and accommodating. I could have spent days in there - but the sisters were pulling at me to leave!


To avoid having to search for a restaurant and possibly interfere with our having our 'private' time together and maybe even inhibiting our 'have fun' attitudes for the day . .we had decided to take a picnic. .it, too, was perfect and wonderful.


Just a few 'identifying' photos: 

Below: Joyce, Number One Roddy Sister
Norma, Number Two Sister
Helen, Number Three

 then there's Patsy
The story wouldn't be complete without of a photo of the "InstiGAILor" . . .she's the one that kept the fun going and FORCED us to laugh at ourselves!










But to give her the credit that she so richly deserves, below is a more 'lifelike' photo of her . .here she is with her mother, Helen. Gail also made these fabulous photos. We are forever indebted to her!

Last, but certainly not least, is one of my very best friends, Olive. Olive has been an acquaintance for over 30 years, but a good friend for only five . . .she is part of my Bible Study Group and, just like my sisters, she's always ready to take a trip, fun to be with and she'll stand by you through thick and thin - no matter what the circumstances. My sisters and the instiGAILor fell in love with her as well!




A few more shots to show you how much we truly enjoyed behaving as kids, laughing, and teasing each other!

Not to be outdone, another favorite brother-in-law, Ron (Patsy's hubby) was visiting Vegas that weekend and could NOT refrain from sending me the photo below! I laughed my butt off!!!!
But I must admit it feels good to love and be loved!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I read it yesterday while waiting in the car for Ron. I have read it twice today. It is a very good remembrance of a very good day. Thank you for taking the time to write it - it is one that I i will bookmark to read again in future years. Isn't it funny how the simplest of days can turn out to be the most memorable days.

Norma said...

Yes, life's treasures and pleasures are made of simple happenings!!!

Like right now ..I'm waiting for my Number Two son and Number One grandson to arrive from N. GA. The son will spend the weekend with me - the grandson a week or maybe two . .ahhhhhh - Life's Greatest Pleasures!