Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Just Life

Life has kept me too busy for the past few weeks . .but I'm ready to get on with life and with my posting!!!

Water is scarce here in SWGA . .but, I ain't complaining - rather have to move the hose and sprinklers than be blown away or flooded.

My heart breaks for the people hit but those horrible tornadoes a couple of weeks ago. . .now they're dealing with floods! May God Bless!

I really haven't done much this year - except try to keep things alive.

But I will comment on my Guara. Last year (2010) was my first year trying the Guara. This photo does NOT give it justice . .but it's a bushy plant with tremendous spikes that product Pink flowers up the entire stem. 


As summer progressed, the spikes reached almost my height (5'4") and bloomed prolifically.

Since I liked it so much, I decided to try to root some. I was successful; and decided to put my 'new' plants in containers. I have them sitting in my 'lounging' area in the yard. You can see how much they've grown . .plenty of spikes, but no blooms yet. I'm thinking they don't get enough sun where they're located. But I'm gonna give them another month or so, and if they don't start blooming, move them to a brighter location.
I highly recommend this plant as it is pretty, effective and very, very easy to maintain (and propagate). It does well with a minimum of water. .requires no staking and just seems to take care of itself. LOVE IT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah. My friends and I have missed you.