Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Keeping Family Alive

Earlier this month one of my favorite nieces moved into a new home in North Carolina. She honored me by asking for some of my favorite plants for her yard. Therefore, I spent early spring digging, labeling, packing and mailing plants for her. A labor of love, I might add!

So many plants in my gardens have significant familial memories and these are the ones she mostly wanted. .. I sent plants from both her grandmothers' homes, some from her childhood home, some  from her aunts' homes and many from other sources. Of course, I threw in other plants I thought she might like into the box as well!

She is one of the fortunates. . .she has a landscaper (ahhhhhhh . .only a dream for me). He (the landscaper) developed a 'holding' bed for her so that she can watch the plants (and they can propagate) then determine exactly where she wants to permanently place them. I'm sure that as her three boys (all under 8 - and one with CF) get older and more independent she'll take a hands-on approach to gardening. With me and her mom she has the Best of Advisors .  . .

Other than getting joy and satisfaction out of gardening, this is one of the other great benefits . . .keeping FAMILY alive all over the country!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-)