Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Daylilies

Daylilies are not my favorite plant, but I do have tons of them. All were given to me by one source or another. I've NEVER purchased one! As you probably know, it's one of the easiest plants to grow and propagate. .that's probably why I've never cared too much for them - no challenge. (smiley face)

Anyway, I do have some favorite daylilies. This red one was packaged with an order as a 'free' gift. I almost didn't plant it but am truly happy now that I did. However, a 'relocation' is in its future!

I have a one garden in memory of my mother. With red being her favorite color, only red flowers are allowed there . .and it sure looks like this one needs to be in her garden. 

Another favorite is this yellow one. I have no idea where it came from nor who gave it to me, but I think it's gorgeous.

It's one of the tallest daylily I have. Notice the number of petals and beautiful, feminine ruffling on the petals. I'm letting this propagate to make a large bed. I only have about six at this time . .and I need about 20 or 30 to make a good showing!

hmmmmmmm . .now that I think about it - since these daylilies bloom simultaneously, maybe a bed of the yellow surrounded by red?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous. I really love that yellow one. Save some of those for Baby Sister when you start moving them around.

Norma said...

Your name is on the "Yellow, RUffled leaf daylily list."