Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Question for You!

This white jewel was found growing amongst my cannas this past summer. I have no idea what it is nor how it got there (but I sure hope it multiplies). It bloomed around late June.

The fronds were sorta like the amaryllis plant - the petals had about five 'spoke' looking thingies extending from the petals - The fronds were about two feet high and the bloom stood about three feet - the round part of the bloom was about three inches in diameter and the 'spokes' were at six to eight inches long. Other than this oral description and the photo I can't tell you anything else about it!

Any help would be appreciated - as I'd like to have more of these babies.

I'm definitely gonna watch it closer in 2012 and mark its location!

3 comments:

Patsy said...

I love it that you are Writing so much on your blog lately. I want all of these beautiful plants. But since my yard is going to be so small I will have to be selective. But I really like these white thingies.

Norma said...

I'm trying to write something every day. You see that I'm getting plenty of hits. . .but no comments. I don't know if it's regular visitors or if people are just randomly hitting it . .whatever, I do appreciate it.

When I find out what the white thingies are, I'll certainly let you know.

Nah . .you don't want what I have - with your three boys in WF and girl in Charleston (or is it Charlotte) waiting for a visit from GG, the last thing you need is gardens to care for. Maybe when all these babies are older . . . ..?

Norma said...

Well, I've been searching and searching. I'm pretty sure that what I have here is a Peruvian daffodil. AKA Spider Flower and Basket Lily.

Lord - where did this baby come from? And I want to thank you for letting her find her way to my garden!