Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spring Fever is Nibbling at my Toes

The weather has warmed up some since our minor ice storm and those horrid low temps. I was able to get out this afternoon for some strolling!. .'How Sweet It Is!'

Keep in mind that all of these photos were made in either 2007, 2009 ot 2010 . .spring 2011 hasn't opened up yet!

The early blooming daffodils are sticking their heads up - some of them bloom in early February. Patsy gave me some beautiful daffodils to babysit for her until she gets settled into her new place . .I wonder which ones they are? hehehe


And my Astors have multiplied like mad . .time to start spreading these all over Georgia!

I checked my camellias carefully. It seems as if the ones exposed to the north winds don't have a lot of buds on them; but the ones protected from the north have TONS . .can't wait for these babies to open - and it shouldn't be long. They usually start opening in early February.Above are two of my favorites. I have a total of 13 . . ranging from deep reds to snow white. I have no idea as to the names of these  - but I love them!

Some seed pods that I had evidently overlooked last fall were hanging onto my wisteria. Luckily I  saw them and was able to 'harvest' them. That's the LAST thing the birds/winds/rains need to scatter over the yard. But they're now neatly tucked into a plastic bag in the garbage can. I'm sure the landfill equipment will take care of any that try to sprout. They are VERY invasive if left to their own devices.

This afternoon I was able to use my Hula-Hoe (see m page My Favorite Tools if you're unfamiliar with the hoe) to disrupt the growth of some winter weeds. Hopefully it will dry out enough over the next day or so for me to get out and vacuum/mulch some leaves. . .ahhhhhhhhhh, it NEVER stops (Thank God).

No comments: