Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

After the Storm

Well, I certainly hope you all came through the storms unscathed. We did. Of course, we didn't have as much ice/snow as those of you farther North . .. . .but we had enough for our appetites!

It finally warmed up enough yesterday for a stroll around the yard. I took my camera just in case I saw something interesting. Nothing but dead leaves and limbs from trees.

At one time one of my role models told me (she was about 70 at the time) that spring never fails to entrance and surprise her. And as I get older, I'm beginning to understand more of what she was talking about. Spring is a new beginning - a fresh start -  and an opportunity for new life.

And as I analyzed this thought more, I  realized that I am a 'beginner' rather than a 'ender'. I like the beginning of a book more than I like the ending - the endings always makes me sad. I love spring MUCH more than fall - everything's going to sleep and I won't see it for a few more months! I'd much rather begin a project than get into the details of ending it  . . .I like the anticipation of visitors more than I like their departure.....I like  visiting new places much more than I enjoy the trip home, etc.

Seeing the beginning of crocus showing their colors - the windflowers beginning to unfurl their petals excites me. The windflower in the photograph found it's way from the garden into my lawn - these are the surprises I LOVE. I didn't have the heart to uproot her and put her back in the garden - I just enjoyed her where she bloomed! Then the daffodils and tulips will be up - they warm my heart  almost as much as a gentle hug from someone I love.

The quince, thrift, and lorepetulum will be blooming soon . .and I'm watching EVERY day for some signs of life!
Then there's the project that I MUST finish for Mark. I've promised him a concrete birdfeeder; which I have all ready except for the sealing and painting; then our 'inhouse' artist, Ron, will do some fancy writing on it so that Mark will NEVER forget who made it for him. Below is a photo of one I made for myself.
I promise Mark, I'll get yours to G.G. in April and she'll probably get it to you for your birthday!!



No comments: