Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A really good day

Last week I got two very nice surprises in the mail. One from an internet gardening friend (IGF) and one from Baby Sister (BS). I just LOVE surprises like this - makes me feel 'special'.

Anyway, the little vases you see flanking the window are from my IGF and Monday I bought this neat plant for them. It's botanical name is Grassula Marginalis Rubra ' Variegata', but it's common name is Calico Kitten. It's a succulent that will eventually drape over the sides of the container.

The next special gift is the cup in the center from BS. You can't read the caption in this photo, but it says, "My favorite people call me Nana." 

Needless to say, when I opened the box, it brought tears to my eyes . .this is a story too long to tell here. Maybe I'll share it another day and another time, but believe me - it's special!

Then I thought I must put something up there from other special people. The hen and rooster are from another sister, Helen. She didn't actually 'give' them to me, but I was visiting and saw them and asked for them. Being the kind sister she is, (man was I ever blessed with kind sisters) she said, "OK".

And the Coke bottle with the hand around it - another sister, Joyce (the oldest and the meanest), was an accountant for Coke for umpteen years! So you know what kind of birthday/Christmas we always got from her! This is special simply because it's the only Coke memorabilia she gave me that I broke. It was originally a pencil holder. It sat stately on my desk at work holding my pens and pencils for many years; but as I was packing my personal items at retirement, I broke off the section that held pencils. WaaaaaaWaaaaaaaa!

No comments: