Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Another First for the Season

This 'visitor' is not welcome in my gardens. He's harmless (other than to make you hurt yourself)! In fact, he probably does more good than harm since rodents are his favorite dish.

Believe it or not, this is the FIRST I've actually seen in my gardens in my 20+ years of gardening. See him? He's just to the right of the clay pot - kinda looks like a crack in the concrete.

Speaking of Clay Pots . . .This one is "Italian" Clay which is touted as being the 'best' clay. Initially, I thought the sales clerk was only trying to empty out my purse. But I bit and bought it anyway. It's about 15 years old and has been in the elements continuously and has not one chip on it!

It cleans up easily as well. Right now I have some Pineapple Lilies in it that one of my favorite sisters gave me . .I'll post a photo of them when they open.
Three Days Later
Well, I was wrong about Pineapple lilies being in my Italian Clay pot! It's actually a Red Storm lily! But it's pretty anyway .. .hmmmmmmm Wonder where the Pineapple lilies are planted???

No comments: