Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Mandevilla

If you're like me and LOVE Mandevilla but cringe when you see the price of it knowing it will die come winter, you'll love http://www.gardenharvestsupply.com/ProductCart/pc/Potted-Mandevilla-Plants-for-Sale-c759.htm

I've bought plants from this company in the past and their plants are SUPERB. I just bought three of the Mandevilla they currently have on sale. I don't recall how long this sale lasts, but check it out - you won't be sorry!

The Mandevilla is not difficult to grow at all and I've never had any pest or disease to attack it. I grow mine in a pot and just prior to our first frost of the season, I cut it back to about 6 or 8 inches and put the pot in the pit. (See post Overwintering Potted Annuals and Tender Perennials on Oct. 27, 2011). This pit has saved me more money than I can count.


During the growing season, I keep mine beside the rocking chair in my garden. It's sooooooooo nice to sit out there, sipping coffee, and wondering what I can do that particular day to make the yard prettier! It may entail pruning, trimming, relocating a particular plant or two . or it may entail just enjoying the area!

Oh, and the hummers love Mandevilla! Bees are swarming it almost constantly. Settle down, Settle down. Bees will NOT bother you unless you bother them! While you're enjoying the sunrise, birds chirping, and peace, the bees are only concerned with the nectar the flower provides! They don't want anymore to do with you than you with them!


No comments: