Welcome to My Little Corner of the World

Family, friends, and acquaintances are now free to stroll my gardens at their leisure. So grab a glass of sweet tea and sit a spell.

Questions, comments, and suggestions are appreciated and welcomed as you stroll through the gardens. Sure hope you enjoy your visit as much as I enjoy your company.

Friday, November 4, 2011

Cold Coffee and Plants

STOP!!!!

Don't pour that cold coffee down the drain!!! There's a much, much better use for it! You have so many acid loving plants sitting around your warm and cozy home .. now make them warm and cozy, too.

Coffee acidifies the soil and well as allowing the nutrients in the soil to be released evenly and slowly. African Violets particularly loves the coffee; but there are other plants that love it as well:
  • Christmas Cactus
  • Philodendron
  • Jade
  • Cyclamen
  • Minature Roses
I'm sure there are more acid loving house plants that would benefit from the coffee as well. Just remember - no sugar or substitutes or milk. Only black coffee . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...thanks! I really do read your blog every day (or at least every work day). Please forgive me that I'm not good at making comments. Just know that I'm out there and enjoying what you write.

kathy Hurd

Norma said...

Thanks Kathy. I'm really happy that you're enjoying and reading the blog. Comments aren't always necessary . . but they do let me know that people are interested.

Now when I begin to wonder if anyone's reading - I'll just open this post and reward myself!! LOL

Have a wonderful weekend!